.

Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Some Cannot Forget :: essays research papers

The Vietnam War Purpose To illustrate my view on the Vietnam War. Audience Anyone with an interest in the Vietnam War. Some Cant Forget I awaken and bolt of lightning upright in bed, my heart racing and sweat beginning to bead on my forehead. My chest heaving with ragged breaths, I try to figure disclose what startled me out of sleep. Then I hear it The terrified scream of my father piercing through the eerie silence. My heart skips a beat and I shuffle my feet under the covers, letting them fall mop up the bed and land on the carpet. I start to push myself up, but then hear my moms go slowly drift down the hall as she tries to awaken and comfort my father. "Its okay. Youre home. Youre okay. Its over." A sigh escapes my lips and I lay back in bed, pull the covers to my neck, and desperately hope to fall back asleep. Another nightmare of the Vietnam War. I could never in my wildest dreams even begin to imagine having to experience something with such controversy and horr or. tho my father was there and it is still with him today, almost thirty years later. As most people know, there was an extreme amount of debate over the Vietnam War. on that point were protesters in the streets and marching on the White House lawn, preaching about peace and civil rights. Young men were fleeing to Canada to escape the draft, while others freely volunteered to articulation the service. Even though the war was in Vietnam, the fighting spirit could be found all over in the cities of the United States. I understand the rivalry to the war, because technically it wasnt even our fight. It was, after all, within the country of Vietnam. But the reason we intervened was because the South Vietnamese government asked us to fight the communism that was trying to number them over. While most people knew this, I dont think they fully understood it or even cared. All they knew was that people they loved were being sent off to a foreign country to die. One thing that I really dont understand is the way that the Vietnam veterans were treated after they returned home. These soldiers were fighting for our country, doing their duty to serve and protect. They were not the ones who started the war, so why should they be blamed for it?

No comments:

Post a Comment